Frequently Asked Questions
- What separates you from other companies?
Our goal is to provide the best service while still offering a reasonable price. We have been in the truck industry for over 30 years building experience and knowledge for what works, what doesn't, and what lasts. Our biggest assets are repeat buyers and word of mouth referrals along with honest, trustworthy employees.
- All of our gliders are built to better then new standards with all new OEM parts, no used parts or chopped wires.
- We specialize in Caterpillar powered gliders.
- We make it our goal to help buyers build exactly what they would like, with the level of customization they request.
- Our 30+ years of building trucks gives us a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field. This also helps us provide the best options and quality for you.
- We stand behind our product and aim to glorify God with our workmanship.
- Do you sell gliders?
No, we are primarily an assembler, but we do have local dealers we can refer that work with us providing tight margins and will ship the gliders direct to our facility.
- How much does a new glider kit cost?
Prices continually change but if you know the make, model, and setup you would like then we may be able to give you a close estimate. It will most likely be above the price of a new truck.
- How much does it cost to put a glider together?
Glider assemblies can vary with options but you can see our sample assembly bill.
- Do you do custom work on gliders?
Yes we install drop visors, straight pipes, light bars, half fenders, etc.
- Do you do service work such as tires & brakes?
We are happy to help out with various repairs but with our workload, we try to stay away from common maintenance that can be performed at service shops.
- Are you a trucking company?
- Why are you building glider kits?
Because we are finding many individuals who cannot profitably operate current production DPF and Urea Engines. The older engines get much better fuel economy, power, and reliability.
- Are you a salvage yard?
- What about Federal Excise Tax - FET?
There is a "Safe Harbor Rule" that most gliders fall under and we have never had to pay FET on a glider. However, check with your tax consultant for updates / clarifications.
- What is the best engine to install in a Peterbilt Glider?
A 6NZ/2WS series Cat C15 is what we recommend for the best performance and longevity. A 70 Pin ECM engine is required for Peterbilt/KW gliders.
- Do you rebuild engines?
No, we recommend a CAT rebuild for warranty purposes, although your local mechanic may be a good option as well.
- How can I get Maximum fuel economy out of my C15 Cat engine?
Install a performance cam and a PDI or Bully Dog manifold. This combo will increase MPG 1-1.5 MPG and give approximately 145 extra HP plus about 175 ft.lbs of torque without changing ECM settings.